Free Eye Tests
Our practice offers NHS and private eye examinations; providing you with choice and the necessary support.
Many people are now entitled to free sight tests under the NHS and they may also qualify for help with the cost of their glasses. To understand if you are entitled under the NHS, please see notes below or contact us. We will be pleased to discuss things through with you.
Providing your eye health support
You qualify for a free NHS-funded sight test if:
- you’re under 16
- you’re under 19 and in full-time education
- you’re 60 or over
- you’re registered as blind or partially sighted
- you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- you’re 40 or over, and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- you’ve been advised by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) that you’re at risk of glaucoma
- you’re a prisoner on leave from prison
- you’re eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher – your optometrist (optician) can advise you about your entitlement
You’re also entitled to a free NHS sight test if you:
- receive Income Support
- receive Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (not Contribution-based)
- receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- receive Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (not Contribution-based)
- are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- are named on a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
If you’re named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3), you may get some help towards the cost of your sight test.
NHS-funded mobile eye tests
If you qualify for a free NHS sight test, you may be entitled to mobile services:
- at home: if you’re unable to leave home unaccompanied because of physical or mental illness or disability
- at a residential or care home: if you normally live there and you’re unable to leave the home unaccompanied because of physical or mental illness or disability
We are committed to offering you the highest standards of professional service. Remember, your eyesight is priceless and deserves the best possible care.
We will be pleased to assist you.